This post main contain affiliate links. Affiliate advertising programs are designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com and affiliate sites.
Did you know that you can create delicious desserts using zucchini? Zucchini helps keep bread and cakes moist, and it’s a clever way to get those picky kids to eat some veggies.
I love to bake, and recently found a love for lemon flavored desserts. I was browsing through Pinterest pinning some fun lemon recipes to try later when I saw this Lemon Raspberry Zucchini Bread recipe and knew I had to try this one.
Lemon plus raspberries is an amazing combination; burst of citrus and berry flavors. The zucchini dissolves during baking and if you peel it, you can’t even tell it’s in the bread. My favorite part of this bread is the lemon glaze dripping over the top.
The first time I made this recipe it was devoured the same day. This is now a family favorite!
Lemon Raspberry Zucchini Bread
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 2/3 cups Sugar
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 cup Buttermilk
- Grated Zest of one Lemon
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice I used one lemon for the zest and lemon juice.
- 1 cup Grated Zucchini You can leave these peeled or unpeeled. I peeled mine so the kids would not see them. haha
- 1 1/2 cups Fresh Raspberries
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Meringue Powder
- Grated Zest of one Lemon
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Extract You can adjust this to your liking.
- 1-2 tbsp Milk or Lemon Juice as needed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Gather ingredients.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate large bowl whisk the eggs, sugar, and oil together. Add in the buttermilk, lemon zest, and lemon juice; stir until combined. Stir in the zucchini.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until almost combined. Add the raspberries and carefully fold ingredients together until evenly distributed.
- Pour the batter into prepared loaf pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Once cooled, top with glaze and allow to harden. Slice and serve.
- In a small bowl combine powdered sugar and meringue powder. Add lemon zest, lemon extract and 1 tablespoon of milk or lemon juice (if using milk start with 1/2 tbsp and add more as needed, if using lemon juice I usually use 2 tbsp). Stir together until smooth and creamy. Pour over cooled bread and allow to harden.
Note: If the glaze is too thick, add a little more milk or lemon juice.
Recipe credit: www.eatcakefordinner.net
Do you have a favorite zucchini recipe?
Founder of Sienna Scoop – a community blog. A wife, mom, and a business owner. I was born in Houston, Texas and moved to Sugar Land, Texas when I was 12 years old. We moved to Missouri City, Texas from Sugar Land, Texas in 2009, primarily to be closer to family and instantly loved our new neighborhood. We love living in this community, it’s like living in a small town. One of my favorite things to do is DIY and crafting projects, for me, this is how I relax from the day to day grind.